
In case you haven't heard, I finished the marathon in 4 hours and about 9 minutes, and it was one of the best experiences that I've ever had.
I was going to blog about it right after I did it, but it turned out to be something very different from what I expected. I knew that it would be difficult, but it turned out to be such an awesome personal journey that I'm not sure how much I want to actually write about. Here's some of it.
I can honestly say that I have never done anything
so difficult, and few things have changed me so much in such a short amount of time.One of the things that I had 4+ hours to think about were the people who were there waiting for me at the finish line-Heather, who put up with my alarm going off at ungodly hours for my workouts, and me never eating any "fun foods", my family who drove up from San Jose and down from Oregon, or called and sent care packages, you guys are amazing, the Moseleys (seriously, what more can I say about Matt and Anna?) , Kristyn Miller was there taking pics, Kenny and his wife, and huge props to Tom for running it with me. And faster than me. Dang it.
By the way, Tom Carlson's the man. He was with me during my first triathlon, my first marathon, and now we'll be doing the next one together as well with a non-stress fractured Matt. Hell yeah, dude.

Also, props the Matt and Anna Moseley-both got up waaay too early on a sleep-in day just to watch me do my tri, and they came to support Tommy and I on Sunday. True friends. By the way, Matt saw how messed up I was and ran the last hundred yards with me across the bridge (on a broken foot). Freaking stud.
That's interesting-one of my favorite things about doing stuff like these marathons is the time that I get to spend with the people that I care about most. Hmm...
11 comments:
Way to go Billy! We're proud of you and all your hard work!
Were so excited for you, that's a major accomplishment, sorry we missed it, dang chruch!! Actual Ryan was the only one who made it to church the us girls all stayed home sick. Suck a duck!!
Well you know we are always there for you! Next year Heather, Malea and I will all be waiting at the finish line for you and Matt! :) She will be so proud of her daddy and Uncle Billy!
P.S. Tom kicks ass! That guy is seriously a stud. I hope that at 40+ you and Matt are still running marathons and doing tri's! :)
Way to go!! I am so proud of and in awe of you! While I can't say I can understand the pains and joys of a marathon (and I'm not sure I ever will!) I totally know what you mean about the support. You did an amazing job staying dedicated to your goal, through injuries and everything. Good job, Billy!
Welcome to the "old men's sport".
Yay, B! I am so proud of you for achieving yet another one of your goals! And I'm very thankful that you have Heatherbee and all of your friends there. You are definitely blessed with an amazing resource for support. Love you! JoyB
What can I say other then YOU STUD!!! Enough said!!!
Crap dude..
I told you I wanted to be there... you should've reminded me..
:(
You ran on a broken foot??? You are a stud. Way to go Billy. You inspire us all!
No, Em...Matt ran the last 100 yards with me on a broken foot.
Hope I still get that "Way to go" anyway!
Post a Comment