Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Resident Evil: Extinction


What a travesty. I know that zombie movies usually go hand-in-hand with campy fun, but this is the worst.

I knew it would suck, but I had to finish the trilogy (by the way, the first one was the only one worth watching). Anyway, those responsible for this pile of crap decided to eschew any and all of the zombie rules and reduced them to generic monsters. It's like the first rule of zombie lore-you can only kill them by destroying the brain. In RE: Extinction, they're getting dropped with bullets to the chest, knife wounds to the abdomen, and getting their throats cut. To top it all off, they were feeling pain? What?! No no no.

I expected the crappy plot, phone-it-in acting, and general stupidity (anyway, why do zombie movies have to be dumb? 28 Days Later was smart zombie fun, and Romero's always got some social commentary in between the lines), but this was shameful.

Not that anyone else has seen this, or anything. I just needed to vent.

No comments: