Now, I've been noticing that a lot of my friends haven't seen or even heard of a lot of amazing movies, so I thought I'd give a recommendation or two. Here's the first of, I don't know...several.
Brick came out in 2005, and is just plain amazing. It's a film noir set in a modern-day high school, it stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the "detective".
The writer/director, Rian Johnson modeled it after a Dashiell Hammett mystery novel, and it shows. The dialogue is snappy, the plot never slows down, and the actors capture the 1940's detective feel perfectly. It's bomb. Netflix it, or check it out at our house.
If you've seen it, feel free to chime in. Here's the trailer.
6 comments:
Bobby and I were just saying how we want to see that one again. Good reccommendation.
loved Brick ... so did Erica ... that's why I married her ... remember Bend Oregon ... two words ... pudding pops ...
I love film noir.
Trevor-
Have you seen it??? It captures the tone so well...it's got twists, ingenues, thugs, kingpins, a gritty tough-exterior protagonist-it's spectacular.
ahhh. I forgot about this movie and how much I love that kid from 3rd rock from the Sun..what was his name? oh yea, Joseph Gordon-Levitt... i'm going to have to netflix this movie again.
I really like the movie, except it bothers me relentlessly that the highschool kids know so much of the criminal underworld. It's a detail that shouldn't bother me, but it does. Yeah, I buzzed through the Cypress 'bucks on my way out of town on Tuesday. It's my favorite.
Post a Comment