Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Career Day

So, I'm kind of curious-and this'll be a great way to ask a lot of friends at once.

Since I'm (slowly, it seems) breaking into a new career, I've been thinking about what I always wanted to do when I was growing up.

In high school, that's easy-I wanted to be a pro football player, but that was until I stopped growing at 5'8", and thank you, yes I know there are short players in the NFL, but I lacked any extraordinary talent besides aggressive tendencies that would make up for my lack of stature. And said aggressive tendencies would get me killed in the land of giants.

As a kid, though, that gets kind of tough. I started out wanting to dig up dinosaur bones, then I decided to become a detective and solve mysteries, it was kind of an Encyclopedia Brown meets Batman thing...anyway. Those were my two main ideas. Neither of which really stuck, so here I am.

So, what did you guys want to be when you grew up?

What's your dream job now?

No, seriously, I'm curious-this isn't a rhetorical question.

6 comments:

JUAN said...

I wanted to work for Disney at the animation studio.

Bethany Joy Hardy said...

I wanted to be a national geographic photographer

Trevor said...

Ha, when I was a kid, I wanted to dig up dinosaurs, too. I think now it would be being an author. Or some type of sampler career, a little of this, a little of that...

--- Billy Brown said...

Trevor-

That works out, it looks like most authors need to have a careers sampler to stay afloat whilst they write anyway...

JB said...

Before high school, I wanted to do something where I could be on/near the ocean. For a while, I played around with the idea of marine biology. I decided against it when I envisioned that every day would be like school and instead went back towards finance.

[FYI - did you know that for years, Donnabee wanted to be a clothing designer? She was always sketching designs and outfits and even had her design name -- Donna McColm (using Grandma Brown's maiden name). And Carlobee wanted to be a pilot.]

Juliette said...

Ok, I know I"m late on responding to this but here's my answer:
I wanted to be an astronaut like Punky Brewster - not that Punky was an astronaut, but on the show she wanted to be an astronaut. My backups were a ballerina and a teacher (pretty typically girly-girl dreams).