
So...I'm two weeks out from the marathon, and I am in the downhill taper. This is the part of training where you take it easier and easier so you can be fresh and ready to go on race day. I should be stoked.
I would be stoked, but my knee has decided to crap out on me completely. I tried to run yesterday am, but my right knee started up with this piercing ache that made me stop after a mile, so I tried again last night, same story, but I toughed it out for two miles, and that dang knee kept me up all night, so now I'm icing it and taking anti-inflammatories, stretching any muscle that may be affecting it, and hoping that I can run again before the race.
If this effing knee keeps me from running the marathon, I'm going to be one miserable dude.
1 comment:
Go have it looked at, Billy. Seriously, doctors can work wonders for you--maybe they'll provide the right drugs or a special knee brace so you'd still be able to run.
Hope this gets worked out! You've worked too hard to not be able to participate.
Post a Comment