
I've noticed a disturbing habit in my life-I tend to make things infinitely harder than they need to be.
We bought a new dishwasher last night, and we decided against hiring a plumber to install the thing. It was officially out of frugality, but in reality I was just way too impatient to wait for some dude to come out and do something I was sure I could do.
So we got it home, and a mere three hours, six towels, twenty loud obscenities, two drives to Lowes resulting in one unnecessary purchase, and several blows with a hammer, the washer was up and running.
To replace a dishwasher, you disconnect the old one (power line, drain line and supply line). Then connect the new one, and slide it into the space the old one took. Looking back, it should have taken forty-five minutes, tops. Instead it took all night, and I maintained a functional blind rage (imagine a skinny brown version of the hulk) directed at the project that kept me up even after it was finished.

It's like this with everything-once I've done it, the next time is cake, but my first time is a grueling marathon struggle.
What the hell is wrong with me?
2 comments:
Yay for the new dishwasher!!! I'm so excited that it's going to make all of our lives so much easier. Having said that I think that means I'm at your house way too much! :)
Hooray! I know you've had issues with the old one, so congrats on something that will actually wash your dishes on occasion.
And P.S. Marty's the same way you are in insisting he can do just about anything himself. It's led to an argument or two, to say the least. Ha ha.
Post a Comment