
I've had some folks asking me about how I got started with freelance writing, and I thought I'd share some of my favorite resources with some of my favorite people.
It's very cool how writers who've made it seem so eager to help us newbies. Take a look at these blogs, subscribe to them, and they'll give you some good stuff. Just don't take any of my jobs.
This is by far my favorite job resource. It may be coincidence, but every gig I've gotten has come from these good people. They give great advice for budding writers and the daily job links always give me a tiny ray of hope to wake up to in the morning. If you subscribe to just one of these, it's gotta be this one.
www.freelancewritinggigs.com
I'm a fan of this site as well, also gives links to jobs and some great advice. Not just freelance, but also focuses on writing poety and fiction as well.
www.poewar.com
Here's another great site for blogging jobs. Jobs posts pretty much daily.
www.bloggerjobs.biz
This blog doesn't seem to post as often, but I really like the advice it gives. No job posts, but the articles really make me want to write.
http://writetodone.com
Fun stuff. If it helps, let me know...and if you've got any tips, share the love.
2 comments:
I didn't know this about you.... awesome!
Okay, perfect timing!
I've been starting to look into writing more regularly. Maybe even get paid to do something I love. Maybe even get to work from home so I can still be here with little Mo while bringing in some extra cash.
Thanks for the resources. I've already gotten plugged in with a writer for PBS Parents, but I want to spread my wings as far as they'll go...
You've inspired me! It CAN happen.
Post a Comment