Today was awesome-Matt and Tommy and I went to the climbing wall over at the River Trail.
It was my first time on that wall since last year, and it was a blast to see how much we'd improved since last year, when we were noobs.
It wasn't one of those competitive days, just some laid back climbing and talking about whatever. It was like a mini guys' group. Epiphany-and you know what, that's what they should all be like. Don't sit me down in a living room with a bunch of dudes and ask me what's going on in my life. That's weird.
Getting together with people you know and trust and just catching up or venting-that's great. I'm all about the go-out-and-do something guys' group. I've had some people asking me if I was going to set up a guys' group, but I wasn't sure what that would look like. I don't want to hang out in a house (I do that all the time) or Starbucks (same) and force a conversation. The best conversations I've had occurred while something else was going on. Maybe it's just me that works that way.
That was one heck of a tangent. Anyway, climbing was fun, and we got some sweet pictures out of it, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment