Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tough Mudder Video/Trip Update



After three days of school visits and college fairs, Heather and I are spending a night in Portland's awesome Benson Hotel.

We wandered over to Powell's Books, where Heather found a signed 1st edition of one of my favorite books, Harlan Ellison's Strange Wine. Good times.

It's been a crazy week-heading down to the Tough Mudder in Bear Valley on Friday, then spending a quick night up in Redding before heading up to Oregon and now we'll be spending a few days with Heather's mom to recuperate before heading back home. I've learned to love (loathe?) driving in the last few days.


Andrew Borgic let me borrow his GoPro helmet cam, and I got a bit of decent footage of the race. Just a bit, since there's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to getting decent shots. My favorite is from The Gauntlet, an obstacle in which you run up Bear Valley's halfpipe while getting hosed down by two of their snow machines. Here it is:

No comments: