
Lately I've been having a lot of people asking about what a writer's hours are like, and I've had a lot of people assuming that since I work from home I have nothing but free time.
The fact is, I do have more time for non-work things, but I'm pretty dang busy on the whole.
In order to explore the writer's workday and to help me ensure that I'm actually doing something with my day, I'll be posting the occasional work day. Here's the first:
October 18, 2010
9:00am-10:30am: Emails & Poker
I put some Afro Samurai on the iPad's Netflix app and got started. I replied and responded to emails from the weekend, mostly gathering info on some ultralight windshells that I'll be reviewing for Backpacker Magazine. I also applied to be a reviewer for a web site called Activegearreview.com. Gotta keep the work rolling in.

In the interest of multitasking, I also played in a $1.20 buy-in tournament on Full Tilt Poker so that I'd have some material for...
10:30am-11:30am: Poker Articles (Switched to Gamer on Netflix)
I write a lot of short poker articles for Everest Poker, so I busted out 3 (of 15 total for the week).
11:30am-12:00pm: Windshell List & Meeting Prep
After the poker articles, I threw together a list of jackets for my BP article and compiled a list of articles to pitch during my meeting with Enjoy Magazine tomorrow.
12:00pm-1:30pm: Lunch time w/Heather
Smoothies!
1:30pm-3:00pm: Uncooped.com
Worked way too long on my Injinji toesock review. Had some issues with uploading a video, but I'm done for the day. Time for a run.
No comments:
Post a Comment