Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reel Rock Film Tour


This summer, the Reel Rock Film Tour hits the country for the third year, entertaining audiences at locations all over the US and Canada. Presented by Windstopper and The North Face, the Reel Rock Film Tour delivers a frenzy of outdoor action while raising money for local and national non-profit organizations. Every year Reel Rock showcases the newest climbing films featuring the giants of the sport climbing in gorgeous locales. It looks freaking awesome.

Last year they featured King Lines, an awe-inspiring video culminating in chris sharma's deep water solo attempts at the Es Pontas arch in Mallorca, Spain.

Just to get you salivating, here's a trailer for King Lines:

http://senderfilms.com/KLclip.html


Reel rock is letting amateur filmmakers in on the action, holding a movie contest for amateurs to make a short film. The films are to be a maximum of 3 minutes and about climbing in either the action/adventure or humor category. For the winners, Reel Rock is offering thousands of dollars in climbing gear from sponsors such as Petzl, Osprey, and La Sportiva, as well as the opportunity for the creators to see their film on the big screen.

For all of the info, including tour stops, movie info and a trailer for this year's feature, The Sharp End, go to their home page:

http://www.reelrocktour.com/

I'm sure Bobby and Candace already know about this, but I thought I'd send out a head's up.

They'll be in Cali in Sept./Oct. I'm going to see about the Santa Cruz stop. Anybody down?

2 comments:

Candace said...

Way cool! Bobby may know about it but I didn't. I don't follow that stuff as much as he does. I'll tell him about it though!

the lains said...

rock the tour, BILLY...
I got to check out the king lines film when it was on tour in Ashville, NC.

Hey bro, I need your email. call me at matt and sara brams.