Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mt. Lassen Trip




This past Saturday Brett and I were supposed to climb Mt. Shasta, but there wasn't enough snow. We decided to go to Mt. Lassen to camp out and rock climb, and there turned out to be too much snow. What the fudge.


Despite my lack of waterproofing, this weekend turned out to be an awesome trip. Brett, Yori and I hiked about a mile to Eagle Point, where we set up camp about 200 feet from our climbing area.

We climbed for a bit, and then we summited Lassen just in time to see the sun go down-very cool.

Then it got even colder and we raced down the side of the mountain to get back to camp, cook dinner, and crash. This is me dead tired and half frozen.

Woke up the next day to a cloudless sky and climbed a bit more before we took off.
Good stuff...I can't wait for the next trip!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Wow! Gorgeous! What a great trip. I haven't done that one in so long. You've inspired me to put baby in pack and go for it.

Becky Moseley said...

Looks fun. And to think you made it back in enough time to play a game of "Pin the Eyes on Elmo".

nathan said...

Billy Brown ... my outdoor hero ... every time my wife and I hike Castle Crags, we get to the top ... but on the way down, I whine like a baby ... my legs get numb and I want to die ... yep ...