Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Go play outside!

I've been hearing two common complaints from people lately. The first is that it's hard to get in shape and that it's hard to get connected to people in the Stirring. Here's the answer to both.

Go do one of the million things there are to do in this part of Cali. I'm all about lying around doing nothing, but when the weather's like this, there's almost no excuse to not go outside and play when you live in Redding.

When I first moved here, I knew there were all kinds of things to do here, but I didn't know anyone who could show me where to go and whatnot. Then there was that whole fear of making an idiot out of myself in front of people I didn't really know. Thankfully I've made some awesome friends who are happy to share their knowledge and expertise, and are completely patient with noobs like me (thanks, Tom, Brett and Bobby). I love the group of guys who get together and all the awesome times we've had, and still have ahead of us. You guys are awesome.


Okay, enough sappy stuff. Between lake stuff, hiking, biking, running (I swear it's fun, trust me), ultimate frisbee, kayaking, fishing, CLIMBING, and way more stuff (let me know what I left out), there is seriously so much to do out here that it can be tough to know where to begin. It's like God made all this stuff specifically for us to enjoy. Its a special feeling to be out in His creation, enjoying it with good friends.

In this spirit, I'm giving an open invite to any folks who want to get outside and play, but don't know where to start. We've got a great group of guys who are fun to hang with and are awesome about getting outside, and we're always glad to add to the group. Right now, Tom, Matt, and I are running every Saturday, Halleck and Benji are riding their bikes with us, we have climbing walls at four people's houses, and we try to climb outside once a week or so, and I'm pretty sure Nathan wants to start a weekly ultimate frisbee game.

So if anyone wants to play, let me know!

(By the way, I think Stirring softball at Big League would be sweet. Anybody down?)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hip hip hooray, you finally posted another blog!

I think this is awesome and I hope that it inspires guys to get out with you. I'm glad that you and Matt have been rock climbing and running together; I know he really enjoys getting outdoors, and of course it's always fun doing it with your best friends!

P.S. Thanks for "commenting the hell out of my blog" :)

Erica said...

Awesome. We may join you sometime if where you are going is kid friendly. I love what you are doing.

Candace said...

Just a little addition to your blog...

"And then there's some girls who like to get outside too."

Ha ha! We really need to get on some running trails together. Especially after this blog. Bobby and I are going to make it a priority to get you on some sweet "A" trail and get you hooked!