Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Youtube Love


Youtube is a great way to kill a few minutes (or hours). It's a great forum to share quality video clips, from your first attempts at film making to a one-in-a-million groin shot. On the other hand, it's also an opportunity for people to post weak stuff from the inane and pointless to the foul and offensive.
So, in an attempt to save my pals fruitless minutes of sifting through garbage to find something entertaining, I've decided to post my current (and always fluctuating) Youtube top five clips. I know ten is more traditional, but I switch up my faves all the time. Deal with it. Just copy the address to your...uh...type-in-address-thing.

5. "Baseball nut shot": Sorry, I know it's lowbrow. Had to have one in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cix0GpPK0Es&feature=related

4. "Urban Ninja" : Pro-this kid is awesome. Con-Makes me feel like a wuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kJZOfq7zk

3. "The Onion: Ninja Parade Slips By Town Unnoticed Once Again": I know, two ninja things. Just bear with me, it's gonna be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtR2m20C2YM

2. "Billy's Balloon": Aside from the name bias, this is a remarkable bit of animation. Don Hertzfeldt deliberately paces the tempo of the scenes to contrast the quiet scenes with the action. Not for those with a fear of balloons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc5vgi9zbM&feature=related

1. "Ron's slip n' Slide Extravaganza": The title speaks for itself. I'm very impressed with the ingenuity and balls involved in this stunt. Reminds me of high school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPp2HlIMkmU

Bonus: "Drunk Monkeys": A clip from Animal Planet. Monkeys=funny. Monkeys+booze=Spec-tac-u-lar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYuIYNaKynI

So those are my current Youtube obsessions, if (when) I find some more I'll let you know, and if you have any recommendations, lemme know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

outstanding! I seriously wans to make a slide from the roof of my apartment right now... wanna help?