Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1,000 Miles


















A few years ago, I posted a blog called 26.2 that announced my plans to transform myself from a non-runner to a marathoner. The process was a lot of fun-I even managed to sneak a sprint triathlon into my training.












Done and done. Now that I'm addicted to running, I'm working on a new goal: 1,000 miles in 2011. This ought to keep me busy for a while.

I'll be recruiting folks for daily runs, going over what gear I love (and want), and hopefully trying out a few races-tri's, halfs, another marathon if I stay healthy, and maybe it'll even end with an ultramarathon. I'm sure I'll end up looking like this again:

I'll be posting weekly and total mileage every Saturday, and I'll be counting on you guys to keep me accountable. If anybody cares to join me, feel free to let me know-post your mileage, how your training and races are going, whatever.
Oh, man. Here we go.

2 comments:

HeroFamily said...

Billy,

I'd be willing to give it a shot. I've thought about that type of goal for 2011 already. I work 24 hours shifts 10 days a month, so it would be mildly challenging lining up our schedules. But I'm game to run with you as often as we can make it work.

Matt

--- Billy Brown said...

Holy cow...that's a wicked schedule, but I'm sure we could figure it out. It's only about 20 miles a week, so I think that it's doable. I usually hit up the River Trail, and I'm thinking about doing long runs on Saturday mornings.