Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Fried Chicken


For all my fellow fried chicken fanatics, I've got the recipe that'll change your life.

I drive by KFC on my way to/from work every day, and the smells coming out of that place drives me crazy. Before this miracle on a plate came my way (thanks Anna), I'd give in to the greasy siren's song and eat Kentucky Fat Chicken, feeling like a queasy grease ball for the rest of the day. It's technically Parmesan chicken, but trust me, it's great.

Welcome to my substitute for KFC. Finger lickin' good, and it won't fatten you up.

You'll need:
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Dried Italian-style bread crumbs
3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt & black pepper
6 tbsp olive oil

1.Start by putting the olive oil in a large skillet and turning it to medium heat.

2.While the olive oil heats up, whisk the eggs in a bowl. Put the bread crumbs in another bowl and the cheese in another.

3.Pound the chicken until its pretty dang flat, then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.

4.Coat the chicken with the cheese, dip them into the eggs, them coat them with the crumbs.

5.Cook the chicken in the oil until they're golden brown and you just can't wait anymore. It should be about 6 minutes per side.

6. Call me when it's ready. Heather and I will bring a side dish.

2 comments:

Anna said...

You're welcome. I'm not sure what you'd be eating if I hadn't given you all those recipes!!! You should try that other fried chicken recipe that I gave you, we had it for dinner the other night and it was yummy!

Becky Moseley said...

I can attest. This really is the best fried chicken I've ever had. Thanks, Heather, for serving it up so often.