We discussed cooking for a bit, then I mentioned that I was a fan of eating meat. In fact...
"I'll know that I've become a success when I can afford to eat the last of a species. Something BIG, too. It doesn't mean anything if you catch the last of some kind of bird in a net, that can be chalked up to luck, you know?"
As I spoke my voice started to rise...
"I want to eat the last blue whale in existence...that would take a whole fleet of boats, explosive harpoons, the whole deal. Just track that sucker down, blow it up, and tear off a chunk before it sinks! Then I'll know I've made it in life!"
By then I was standing up, making hand motions and everything. When I finished, I noticed that 11 people were either staring at me, horrified, or doing everything in their power to avoid eye contact.
Anyway, looks like this came true (sort of):
World’s Rarest Shark Caught, Eaten. Yum
This reminds me of that episode of Northern Exposure where Walt finds a Wooly Mammoth corpse and barbecues it. The 41st Megamouth shark ever documented was caught off the coast of the Philippines at the end of March where it died in a fisherman’s net. It was rolled back into town where 1,100 pound, 13-foot long fish was butchered and eaten. Awesome. A friend once drank 200-year-old cognac, but that’s nothing compared to some deep fried Megamouth Shark Bits.
via Treehugger
ByRocky Thompson

No comments:
Post a Comment