Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lists (woo-hoo!)




It's been a while. Let's never fight again.

Christmas is coming up (in case you haven't noticed), as well as a few notable birthdays-Heather's is on the 26th, and Matt's is on the 27th. This is an expensive time of year if your wife, best friend AND your Lord and Savior all have b-days in the same month.

But I digress. While consumerism and greed are the buzzwords of the month, it's still fun to make up a wish list of goodies that you'd like the Jolly Fat One to bring. Even if the cookies and milk don't work, it's fun to wish. Here's my list.

1. A set of Quick-Draws: I'm a lead-climbing addict, and quick draws are the lead junkie's needles.

2. History is Dead: A Zombie Anthology: I'm a sucker for short stories, and I'm a sucker for zombies. Hence, I'm a sucker for this book. It's a fictional set of short stories tracing back the impact that zombies have had at various historical periods.

3. The Dosage Boxed Set: Five, count 'em-five, classic climbing films, all conveniently placed in one box. Enough footage to glue me to the couch for a week.

4. Dog Soldiers DVD: A pack of soldiers+a pack of soldiers/werewolves=the best werewolf movie. Ever. Trevor should see it.

5. Sunshine by Alex Garland: It's by Alex Garland, so it'll blow your mind. He's like a young Cormac McCarthy (if you don't know who he is, google him). Anyone who reads should pick up something he's written. This one's about a group of scientists on sent on a mission to jump-start the rapidly diminishing sun. Brainy fun.
So what do you want for Christmas? I'm sure I'll be amending this list in the days to come. Maybe we should have categories...a "bling" list, a "big-ticket" list, a "what I'd give" list...

So let me know what you guys want-I'm curious to see what everyone wants this year!

6 comments:

JB said...

I keep looking on eBay - I'd love to have one of those sensors that you flash at red lights that turns them to green. I think only fire trucks and emergency vehicles are allowed to use them, though. Hmmm... I can still wish, right?

But my other big wish is to see you and Heatherbee in San Jose for Christmas and/or Heatherbee's bday. Any chance of that?

What about for NYEve? Big party at Mom and Dad's, "woo hoo" indeed!

Love to you both (and love seeing the blog again).

JUAN said...

Dude,

the wall was amazing... My right calf muscle is twitching as if my heart dropped down and rested in my kneecap. And my left butt cheek is hard as a rock as though it was pinched between a vice. Superb!! I can seriously get hooked on climbing... We must do that again, while I'm still motivated..

Oh by the way that site of that history buff is
www.flynnfiles.com
I don't know where I got Mumford.... Maybe Dan Mumford who is an artist I admire.. Anyways, be careful, Flynn is a lot to handle.. most Libs commit suicide after coming across a summery of his.

JUAN said...

oh yeah,

what's your email... shoot me one so I have yours.

juan@orangefloorstudio.com

Juliette said...

Speaking of zombies... I thought of you last night during the Office when Dwight said that he would stab Meredith in the head if she walked into the office after she died - because she would be a zombie. It was funny, at least funnier than I am making it sound right now. So, I'll just stop trying. :)

Trevor said...

Did you know Marc Forster's directing a World War Z movie? Forster's good.

Erica said...

You are hilarious Billy. I don't think Heather would like it if you put your kitties down before Christmas. Thanks for the Christmas list tips.